Oscar viewing party! {2012} - LAURA'S little PARTY

Oscar viewing party! {2012}

June 17, 2012

Since I was young, I had always loved watching the Oscars!
It's just recently that I've invited some of my girlfriends over to 
watch the Oscars with me. It's really a lot of fun!
The movie stars, the dresses, the host... I enjoy it all!
This past Oscar night, I invited some gals over, and had a great time!

Here's my little Oscar party dessert table.
Many of my decorations came from past parties.
{Hollywood theme from a past birthday, and a New Year's Eve party}
I also collected old cameras and displayed them.

This old Shirley Temple cardboard stand came from my Grandma's house.
It was totally perfect for my Oscar themed party!
I googled photo booth props and found some free eye glasses, and cut them out.
I used a couple pairs of 2012 glasses from NYE.
I attached them to dowels, stuffed them in a popcorn tub,
and came up with a unique Oscar party decoration!

I set up a little drink station and served... 
"Shirley Temples" of course!

 I printed the recipe, and displayed it in a gold frame.
Plastic martini glasses, beads, and a drink shaker completed my drink station.

I created the 'And the Oscar goes to' cupcake toppers.
The others are from Hostess with the Mostess.

Cake pops...

And super easy marshmallow pops.

  I thought it would be fun to have our very own concession stand!
I grabbed an old cart, and found my mini popcorn machine.
I created a fun, concession stand sign, and displayed it in a frame. 
I served popcorn, and bundled red vines with polka dotted ribbon.

 Oscar bingo was a crowd favorite!
I put together plastic silverware and finished them off with a napkin ring that
I got from Hostess with the Mostess.

 And I can't forget my favorite party appetizer 'go -to'
taquitos & guacamole. Mmmm!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments